Traveling for business or leisure, there’s some planning involved to make sure you get the most out of your trip. Some would say that planning a leisure trip is more complicated because of all the details involved, where you’re traveling to, your budget, where you would stay, places you visit while you’re there, transportation, etc… That is a lot to take in consideration when planning, but how about having to plan all of that with set times and deadlines. That’s what business travelers must do.
Although choosing where to travel is not a factor, you still have to plan out this trip, so that you won’t leave the necessary information behind (the reason why you’re taking this trip), know that you’re hotel is in the vicinity of your destinations and that you’re on time for all scheduled appointments. Here are 5 tips to planning a smooth business trip:
- Investigate the destination. Know where you’re going, especially if it’s a city you’ve never been to. Map out your meeting destinations from your hotel. If you’re attending multiple meetings at different locations, it’s best to know the travel time between the two, so you can plan your transportation.
- Plan your transportation. Is your meeting locations walking distance from your hotel? Should you take a bus, a taxi or hire a private car service? Consider hiring a private car service, you can give them your itinerary ahead of time and they can get you to your destination at the set times, in oppose to waiting on a bus for their schedule pick-up/drop off times or calling a taxi for each place you need to go. You need to find the best solution for your situation.
- Make a schedule. From the airport to the hotel to your meeting. If you have a schedule of everything you need to do, you would be able to accomplish what you need. If possible, leave time for mishaps. Life just isn’t perfect, so you want to make room for errors. For example, you got the elevator on the wrong floor and you’re in a 20 story building, now you have to wait for the elevator to come back. Try not to schedule the time you leave to go to appointments so close to the time you need to be there.
- Make a packing list and pack early. Waiting to the last minute to pack, guarantees you’re going to leave something. That something may be the reason why you’re taking the trip in the first place. Make a list of everything you need for your trip, down to your socks. The last thing you want to do is be in a meeting where your pants rises and you have no socks on because there was no time to make extra stops.
- Stay focus. New city, so many attractions. Staying focus on why you’re traveling is key. Getting distracted can cause you an investment, a job, a new client, etc… There are other times for leisure, remember that you’re there only for business and that should remain your primary focus.
Following these tips, can get you set on your business trip and ensure that it will be a smooth one.
As a business owner, always portraying a professional look is a must. Whether you need to be transported somewhere or a very important client, believe it or not, how you get there does matter. Although choosing a taxi service is not unprofessional, but showing up in a taxi half an hour late is.
When utilizing a private car service, their goal is to get you to your destination on time, safe and as comfortable as possible. You want your client to arrive calm, relaxed and ready to close deals.
Taxis are more focus on making the buck, especially one that is metered. Utilizing a metered taxi, you will find that there are other and longer routes to take to get to your destination, because the longer you’re in the taxi, the more money the driver can make. For the taxis that are not metered, their primary focus is saving gas. If there are people that need to be picked up going in the same direction as you, it would be more efficient to pick those persons up on the way. This can make for an uncomfortable ride and can have you or your client irritated. Being irritated and frustrated can cause you or your client to lose focus and make bad decisions.
Are you starting to see the difference now?
Without stating too much on the advantages of a private car service, you already see that choosing a taxi for your corporation, may not be a good idea. Comparing the costs between the two, a taxi service may stand out, however, you’re paying for the experience. Have you ever heard the saying, “you get what you pay for”? That statement is absolutely accurate. If you want the following advantages:
- Advance scheduling and planning. Plan your transportation for your meetings or the transportation of a client from the airport months in advance. You would know your upfront costs, so that you can plan your budget as well. Your driver would be there at the scheduled time.
- Multiple Fleets. Whether you are traveling alone or transporting a group of employees, private car services have a variety of fleet sizes to meet your needs.
- Transportation back to your pick-up location. You don’t have to call a private car service to come back to pick up you, they can wait on you, so your transportation is seamless.
- and much more, each individual company offers their own special benefits.
Then, paying a little more for a better and more professional experience for you or your client is priceless.
Car and Limo Airport Transportation in Charleston, SC
For many, a large hassle of traveling by plane is the whole matter of getting to and from the airport. Some individuals simply choose off-site or long term parking but this can (1) get expensive depending on the duration of your trip and (2) lack the sense of comfort when it comes to the safety and security of your car. Others rely on friends or family for a ride but this too can be equally awkward. An alternative to these two approaches is to hire a private car or limo company for your airport transportation needs. Often, rates to the airport with a car/limo company are comparable to taxi services and yet provide a much more exquisite ride.
Transportation Services for Upcoming Charleston, SC Events
Charleston, SC is home to many unique, special events. At the end of May, Charleston will see thousands flock for the 2012 Piccolo Spoleto Festival and 2012 Spoleto Festival. These art showcases are unique festivals with some of the worlds best musicians and Private and Personal Transportation will be there to help festivalgoers navigate Charleston and shuttle to different events. We have a fleet of luxury cars, SUVs, and limos for any guest or family.
Private Car Companies for your Corporate Services
For many corporations and businesses, setting the right tone is half the mission. Whether it is for business meetings, corporate gatherings, or impressing clients, tone and impression go along way in creating the right corporate environment. Part of this process can include hiring a private car for your transportation needs. A corporate car company provides the reliability and professionalism that most corporations and businesses would like to associate themselves with in addition to providing an element of luxury that establishes a proper corporate attitude. However, there are a couple of key points one has to consider before hiring a private car company.
Utilizing Wedding Transportation Services
Wedding days are truly special occasions. Occasionally, one aspect that gets overlooked in the whole planning is the actual transportation of the wedding party throughout the festivities. Not only is there the actual wedding to worry about, there’s the reception afterwards and often there’s rehearsal dinners and other pre-wedding activities. While the most popular form of transportation for wedding parties are limousines, there’s other luxury vehicles that can accommodate various groups. With such options one is almost guaranteed to arrive in style for their wedding.
Utilizing a Private Service to Shuttle You to/from the Airport
We have all been in the position where we have to get to the airport. Unfortunately, leaving your car actually at the airport is never the most ideal situation. For lengthy trips, leaving your automobile in the airport “long-term” parking can be expensive and not the safest option. Even for shorter trips the cost to park is reason enough not to follow this route. This predicament leaves only a couple of feasible options. The first is to find some off-site parking and utilize that company’s airport shuttle. Again, however, you are left at the mercy of that company’s shuttle and safety protocols. The other option is you hire a private airport shuttle service which typically has certain advantages over the previously mentioned choices.
The Benefits of Luxury Ground Transportation
The notion of a car transportation service has come a long way since its inception. Today, any reputable car service will have a large fleet of limousines, SUVs, and luxury cars. These vehicles have large interiors with a full array of amenities to ensure your comfort during your travels. For many, a car transportation service offers superior quality over a taxi service at a competitive price. The best part about this mode of transportation, however, is that it can be uniquely customized to fit your needs and where you are going.